Protecting your private information is of paramount importance to us at W9manager, a product of Rockwater Technology, LLC (“Rockwater”). We understand that your personal information should be kept secure and confidential at all times. Please take a moment to review our policy and learn how we protect your information. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Rockwater and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (sometimes collectively referred to here as “we,” “our,” or “Rockwater”) created this Privacy & Security Policy (the “Policy”) to inform users of our online service located at www.w9manager.com, a product of Rockwater (”W9manager”), including users of features and functionality on all associated websites (collectively, the “Website”), online community participants, those who purchase or inquire about our products and services, and others (collectively referred to as “customers” or “end users”) about our practices regarding collection, use, and disclosure of personally identifiable information (“personal data”) that we collect from them through W9manager and the Website. Certain capitalized words may be defined by the applicable End User License Agreement (the “EULA”) or the Terms of Service (“Terms”).
While our Website or other materials may include links or references to non-Rockwater websites, materials, or entities, this Policy does not apply to those non-Rockwater sites, materials, or entities unless otherwise indicated.
You should read this entire Policy before submitting information to us or using any of our websites. Whenever you submit information via the Website or otherwise to us, whether online or offline, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in accordance with this Policy.
Our websites are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age through our sites.
Information Collection and Use on the Website
We may collect personal data from customers and/or end users both online and offline. In many cases, such information will be collected directly from you, such as through a transaction or inquiry, or your submission of a form, registration, or communication to us. Information may also be gathered from third-party sources (including, without limitation, opt-in lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies, other companies, and referrals) and through your activities and interactions with us. We may combine data collected from these disparate sources unless we tell you otherwise.
We collect personal data about our customers and end users in a number of ways. In this section, we describe what types of personal data we collect, the ways we collect it, and how we use it. While we have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time.
The types of personal data typically collected by us may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information, including name, title, street address (home, work), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, ), email address (home, work), company name, and other similar information.
- Personal/demographic information, including gender, level of education and the like.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, (in addition to other personal data such as contact information and the like).
- Certain information, including products or services you inquire about, or request, or certain transaction information.
- User content and notes, including information provided when you use one of our Website services, forums or other online means of communications, and all other customer and/or end user submissions and content you provide.
- Credit card information and tax information; including, without limitation, information provided on tax forms provided as a Service to you. If a credit card is used to pay for the Service, we collect the following information:
- Cardholder’s Name
- Credit Card Type
- Credit Card Number
- Expiration Date
- Cardholder’s Billing Address
- Daytime Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Employer’s or Relative’s Phone Number
The credit card information is used to process your transaction, and is used consistent with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
As you use our Website, some information can be “passively” collected using various technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and navigational data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs, etc.). Your internet browser automatically transmits some of this information, such as the URL of the website you just visited and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser version currently being used by your computer. Such technologies help us to keep track of your interactions with our websites and services, and provide you with a more customized experience, and may include referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks.
Our Website and services may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use and to confirm that a particular individual affirmed his/her consent to specific legal terms.
We may use web beacons (also known as internet tags or clear GIFs) on our websites and services to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are utilizing our websites. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that we know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users.
We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences relating to video content we provide on the Website. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide this feature, may use Flash cookies to collect and store information.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. Finally, we also monitor the performance of our services and our websites in order to manage, maintain, and improve our services and websites. We (or our third party providers) may use tools to help prevent and block “spam” communications, viruses, spyware, and other harmful or unwanted communications and programs on the website. These tools may automatically scan any content you upload through the Website (or using functionality available via the Website) in order to help us protect you and the Website against these harmful or unwanted communications and programs. However, these tools do not collect or disclose personally identifiable information about you.
We may use personal data about customers and/or end users for a wide range of purposes. We use it to respond to your requests (including requests for materials, support, and so on); to provide products or services that you have ordered; to provide materials you have requested; to invite and help you participate in a range of online and offline events and/or activities; to allow you to post information and other content online; to improve our products, services, and websites; to follow up with you after you have communicated with us or submitted information to us; to send promotional communications or offers; for marketing and research purposes; for internal and/or external training, quality assurance, and other purposes (including without limitation, call center recordings); to allow you to contact another person; for legal and contractual reasons; to address your interests and concerns; and as otherwise specified in this Policy and/or at the point of personal data collection. Here are some additional details on our use of the data we collect:
- Conducting and following up on information. We may use personal information such as name, title, street address, phone number, email address, title, and/or company name to conduct transactions with you, and so on. In some cases, you will select a user ID and password when you register, and you will use this to gain access to certain registration-restricted areas. Note that using the Website as a registered user enables information that is passively collected as you navigate the Website to be associated with personal data actively collected from you on the Website. Rockwater may use and/or disclose any personal data captured in the Website. You are responsible for any postings you make in any Website. Before submitting any user-generated content, you should review and adhere to the applicable EULA, found on the legal tab on the Website (the “EULA”) and also keep in mind that anything you make available as a participant in an online community or submit for posting in the Website may be made available for others to see; you should therefore carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal data, or any data, for these purposes. Any content submitted to an online community will be subject to the EULA; therefore, please read such terms carefully prior to submitting or posting any information. We reserve the right to not post or make available and/or remove any data submitted to us, as further described in the EULA.
- To contact us with questions, comment, or concerns. We provide a number of ways for you to contact us to ask questions, provide comments, or share concerns. This may occur, for example, via the “contact us” sections on the Websites, or postal mail. Depending on the circumstances, we may collect your name, title, contact information, message type, case number (if tied to a previous issue), comments, and other types of data relevant to the specific situation.
- To provide materials you request. We provide a number of ways for you to request materials from us, such as newsletters, brochures, product literature, and the like. We may collect and use contact name, title, contact information, demographic information, preferences, and other information relevant to responding to your request.
- For marketing. We may use your contact information to tell you about other products and services that we believe might be of interest, and in our marketing efforts for the Website or W9manager.
This list is for illustrative purposes only and should not be considered exhaustive.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose personal data you provide to our affiliates and partners and to consultants, service providers, and contractors that we use to support our business and operations (e.g., delivery services, financial institutions, fulfillment services, technical support, advertising, public relations, media and marketing services, legal services, call-in centers, e-commerce and other web-related services such as web hosting and web monitoring services, and event-related services such as online and offline data capture services) who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s). In some cases, we work with other companies who help to gather information from you or help us to communicate with you.
We may also disclose personal data to third parties (including without limitation, governmental agencies) if required to do so by law, regulation, or court order; to respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests; to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with our (or others’) rights or property; to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel; or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations. Likewise, we may disclose personal data to third parties in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of Rockwater, its business, its assets, or the Website to which such data applies. In the event that Rockwater goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or a portion of its assets, our customers and/or end users’ personal information may be part of the assets transferred. Customers will be notified via prominent notice on our Website prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If, as a result of the business transaction, your personally identifiable information will be used in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, you will be notified consistent with our Policy.
The recipients of customers’ and/or end users’ personal data, and more generally these disclosures, may be located in the United States or other jurisdictions that might not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your jurisdiction. By submitting personal data to us, you consent to the transfer of such personal data outside your jurisdiction.
We may make full use of all information that is de-identified or otherwise not in personally identifiable form, including without limitation, user-generated content.
We take appropriate steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. When you enter sensitive information, we may encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Please keep in mind, however, that there is no such thing as perfect security, and no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and password you use. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us via the contact information below.
We have partnered with some of the best companies in the world to ensure your data is protected to the highest possible degree; for example:
Adobe – Adobe is the global leader in digital marketing and digital media solutions. We use Adobe’s PDF document service to provide the electronically signed W-9 form.
Amazon – W9manager resides on one of the largest and most secure hosting platforms in the United States, Amazon Web Services (AWS). This allows the site to leverage all available security features to ensure site traffic, data storage and data communications are secure. This also provides redundancy in the case of natural disasters or malicious attacks.
W9manager uses a digital site certificate issued by Amazon’s AWS Certificate Manager service. This certificate is installed on all external facing application and load balancing servers. No direct access to the W9manager system is possible without utilization of these certificates.
All identifiable data stored in our databases is encrypted at rest using industry standard 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption. All system generated PDFs are stored in Amazon Web Service’s Simple Storage Service also using 256-bit AES encryption.
Stripe – All credit card information is stored with our processor, Stripe. By leveraging their industry experience and secure payment services infrastructure, W9manager ensures that any credit card information obtained from our customers is safe, secure, and PCI compliant.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Rockwater by contacting us. See the contact information below.
If you have questions or concerns related to this Policy or Rockwater’s information practices, would like to update or correct information you have provided, or would like to opt out of future communications, please contact us as follows, or navigate to the About Us link on the main page of our Website:
Rockwater Technology LLC
10 Glenlake Parkway, South Tower Suite 130
Atlanta, GA 30328
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The effective date of this policy is January 1, 2019.
Changes to This Policy