Subscribe to receive the latest tips and updates

What should I do if a TIN was actually on file but was omitted from the Form 1099 or reported incorrectly?

Make any required change to your records and use the correct information on future filings. Do not send a “B” Notice to the payee.

For additional information see Publication 1281, Backup Withholding.