Subscribe to receive the latest tips and updates

What form do I use to report backup withholding?

Report backup withholding on Form 945, Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax. For more information, including the deposit requirements for Form 945, see the instructions for Form 945, or Pub. 15, (Circular E), Employer’s Tax Guide.

For additional information see Publication 1281, Backup Withholding.