Subscribe to receive the latest tips and updates

Is canceled debt reportable on a 1099-MISC form?

A canceled debt is not reportable on Form 1099-MISC. Canceled debts reportable under section 6050P must be reported on Form 1099-C. See the Instructions for Forms 1099-A and 1099-C.

For additional information see the 2019 Instructions for Form 1099-MISC