Subscribe to receive the latest tips and updates

Are directors’ fees reportable on a 1099-MISC form?

You must report directors’ fees and other remuneration, including payments made after retirement, on Form 1099-NEC in the year paid. Report them in box 1.

For additional information see the Instructions for Form 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC.